Friday, February 27, 2015

Jennifer Wills: February 27

Week 2 - Psalm 51
Friday, February 27, 2015

A Reflection on Forgiveness from Jennifer Wills


We are all sinners. We choose wrong actions, willingly or inadvertently, that harm ourselves and others. Whether reneging on a commitment, failing to support a friend, or putting work before family, we all fail at some point.
God always forgives us. We don’t have to jump through hoops or have some elaborate plan to get back into His good graces. Best of all, we don’t have to wait for Him to decide whether we deserve to be forgiven. God forgives us immediately whether we ask Him to or not. He’s our Father and He loves us. Nothing worth having in life is as simple as God’s love for us.

Near the beginning of service at St. Matthew’s, I look forward to being reminded by the pastor that our sins are forgiven. Before communion I enjoy singing about God’s creating a clean heart in us, renewing a right spirit within us, casting us not away from His presence, taking not His Holy Spirit from us, and restoring His salvation to us. 
As I walk along my spiritual path and more fully develop my relationship with God, I find myself more fully committed to following His teachings, yet I still make human mistakes. I feel great comfort in knowing no matter how enormous my past and present mistakes may be, God always forgives me and allows me another chance to follow His word.

Lord, I thank You for Your constant forgiveness when I do wrong. Keep me enveloped in Your loving arms, guiding me in Your ways, and following Your teachings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment